MSF closed its projects in Burkina Faso in 2015.
Activities 2014 International Activity Report
In September, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) closed its project providing healthcare to Malian refugees in Burkina Faso.
Malians began crossing the border into Oudalan province, fleeing violence and unrest in their home country, in February 2012. The following month, MSF opened a project providing basic healthcare to some 8,000 people in informal settlements around Gandafabou.
When the authorities moved the refugees to official camps in July 2013, MSF reoriented activities to assist those who had settled at Déou and Dibissi (2,000 and 4,000 people respectively). Staff ran mobile clinics three times per week offering medical care.
Basic healthcare was also provided to children up to the age of five in Déou health district. MSF screened children for malnutrition and ensured that those aged between six months and five years had received vaccinations.
Following a decrease in the number of Malian refugees in Oudalan province, MSF closed the project in September after having made donations to medical facilities in the region.
Year MSF first worked in the country: 1995.
- Access to essential medicineApply Access to essential medicine filter (1)
- Access to healthcareApply Access to healthcare filter (1)
- Child healthApply Child health filter (1)
- Health policyApply Health policy filter (1)
- Mediterranean MigrationApply Mediterranean Migration filter (1)
- MigrantApply Migrant filter (4)
- Mobile clinicApply Mobile clinic filter (1)
- Refugees and internally displaced peopleApply Refugees and internally displaced people filter (4)
- Sustainable Development GoalsApply Sustainable Development Goals filter (1)
- VaccinationApply Vaccination filter (3)
- Water and sanitationApply Water and sanitation filter (1)
- 2017Apply 2017 filter (1)
- 2016Apply 2016 filter (1)
- 2015Apply 2015 filter (2)
- 2014Apply 2014 filter (1)
- 2013Apply 2013 filter (3)
- 2012Apply 2012 filter (2)
- 2010Apply 2010 filter (1)
- 2009Apply 2009 filter (2)
- 2007Apply 2007 filter (1)
- 2005Apply 2005 filter (2)
- 2000Apply 2000 filter (1)
- 1999Apply 1999 filter (1)