SAP HR/HCM – SAP BASIS & Security Officer - NEW YORK Symphony Program
Title: SAP HCM – SAP BASIS and Security Officer
Location: New York
Duration: 6 months contract with possibility of extension
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: April 8th, 2018
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together (the Movement). Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices.
In the preliminary phase of the project, a feasibility study was carried out, functional and technical requirements defined and a HRIS solution identified. The project is now entering the implementation phase aiming at realizing the solution with SAP HCM / e rec and deploying it in the MSF offices and is enlarging the project team to carry out this international project. This program is called Symphony.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Inside the MSF International Office, you will report to the Infrastructure and Maintenance Coordinator within the Symphony Program Team, you will be based in New York. You will need to actively interact with all MSF HR and IT actors in all sections within your region.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
MSF is embarking on a global HRIS project of design, development and integration of HR systems and processes across 24 MSF recruitment offices. The selected global HRIS platform is SAP HR/HCM with e-Rec. Given the high level of data sensitivity and the complexity of MSF organization, the SAP BASIS and Security Officer is a key success factor both in the implementation phase as well as in the future maintenance of the system and therefore requires a full-time position within the team.
• Understand the business processes and apply knowledge in SAP access management as well as in solving user access issues
• Understanding of SAP authorization concepts in an enterprise environment (Single/Composite Roles and HCM Structural Profiles, etc.)
• Participate in roles and authorizations, and user access requirements gathering and documentation
• Assist in roles and authorizations workshops
• Responsible for administration of SAP roles and authorizations including segregation of duties resolution, role creation where necessary and maintenance based on business needs
• Manage the incident, problem and change management processes in the authorizations domain
• Liaise with the functional and business teams to assist with the ongoing functional support of SAP
• Work with local HR team to ensure users have adequate roles assigned and can perform their tasks. Also, update and maintain users’ in accordance with changing business needs
• Work with the other support teams to facilitate incident and problem resolution
• Monitor user accesses, perform audit checks, terminate accesses where necessary following applicable security and change management processes
• Provide functional and configuration support in the design of SAP authorizations and roles
• Have SAP security technical skills, covering design and implementation of SAP security & authorizations in SAP HCM functional areas and BASIS components
• SAP BASIS administration experience
• Take responsibility for quality of work performed
• Keep abreast of SAP and other industry security updates
• Assist in Site to Site IPSec VPN connection setup where/when necessary
• Ability to coordinate and work with cross functional team (Functional, Business Analyst, BASIS, Solution Partners, etc.)
• Comfortable working in a team and independently.
• Ability to work flexibly and analytically in supporting end users
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience in a customer facing environment
• At least one full life cycle SAP implementation from a Security Administration perspective.
• Exposure to ITIL Framework
• Exposure to at least a project implementation methodology e.g. Accelerated SAP
• Knowledge/Experience of Computer Networking and Infrastructure
• SAP Certification
We are looking for a motivated, co-operative and SAP Security Professional who is well acquainted with SAP HR/HCM and eager to jump in to the new role.
The candidate will have with at least three years of SAP Security experience in large organizations and exposure to SAP HCM roles and authorizations as well as maintenance; SAP certification, and Computer Networking experience are a plus.
Strong written and verbal communication in English, any other language is appreciated, coupled with a genuine interest in, understanding of, and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF.
Demonstrated teamwork collaboration in a professional setting.
Strong work ethic coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills, demonstrated history of successful SAP project implementation within large and complex companies. Willingness to travel (20%) to meet MSF internal client needs.
Starting date: ASAP
Contract: 6 months’ contract, 100%
Location: New York
Candidates must already have the right to work in the USA or hold a US passport
Deadline for applications: April 8th 2018
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted-